Joachim Schwarzer, economist, is the founder and Managing Director of JKS Consulting Berlin GmbH. His long-standing experience, broad-based knowledge and extensive networks in the area of economics, politics and international business relations are the core competencies of the company.
JKS Consulting Berlin GmbH is a member of the “German Eastern Business Association (Ost-Ausschuss der Deutschen Wirtschaft)”. The Association is the major regional initiative of the German economy for 29 countries in Central Europe, Eastern and Southeastern Europe, in the South Caucasus and in Central Asia.
Joachim Schwarzer is the Chair of the Supervisory Board of TELES AG Informationstechnologien. TELES is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (Prime Standard).
Before establishing JKS Consulting, Joachim Schwarzer was Executive Director at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) in London for 9 years. He represented the shareholder Germany on the Board of Directors, which takes decisions concerning the investments of the Bank.
The core business of the EBRD is financing investments of private sponsors by providing loans and equity capital.
In addition to pure financing, the EBRD offers its clients also regional and sectorial expertise and “political comfort”, a kind of political reinsurance which helps address difficult and challenging circumstances. The Bank invests in almost 40 countries – in a region stretching from Warsaw to Vladivostok, from Ulan Bator to Istanbul and to Casablanca.
Berlin, Bonn, Brussels
Before joining the EBRD in London, Joachim Schwarzer had already extensive experience in the field of private business and economic policy:
- In the private sector, he was a Board member (Chief Operating Officer, COO) of a listed company for information and telecommunications technologies in Berlin.
- Budget Director at the Federal Ministry of Finance in Berlin; as Head of Directorate – General he was responsible for the whole of the federal budget.
- He was on the Supervisory Board of a number of private and public companies, amongst others Deutsche Bahn Netz AG (German Railway), the internet provider STRATO AG and the supplier of satellite-supported broadband internet “sky-DSL”.
- Head of the Representation of the State of Saarland to the Federation in Bonn.
- He held various distinguished positions for the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD) in the field of economic and financial policy.
- Diplomat at the German Representation to the European Union in Brussels.
- He started his professional career at the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs in Bonn (Energy, Economic Policies).